Friday, July 25, 2008

Caution...self awareness ahead


I'm sitting here on my little patio in a rare moment of quiet. My baby is long asleep and my husband is too. The dishes are done. The laundry is folded. The floor swept. My "life" is in order. That's where the trouble starts. I'm realizing more and more that while I love my life and who I've become, there is no depth to me. I'm sure you, my friends, would beg to differ. (at least I hope) However, you are not there in the small hours of my life. The defining moments. Am I more then the titles I've been given? Are they what defines me? I have goals; though they are little known. There are so many things that I aspire to that I haven't even begun to do. My main goal: to be passionate. I want to have fire in my life. I want something to consume me. I don't want it to be something that I disregard my "life" for but I want to do something with a fervor that I've never felt. To be perfectly honest, I feel a little dead. Where do I find that passion that I see in so many others? Is it something I can acquire or am I out of luck? Am I dumb to even want this? If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. Until then, I'll keep you posted.


{me}

1 comments:

A said...

What I have learned in my 2 whole years of being a mom is that sometimes you can get lost in tyring to make everything perfect. At what cost is everything perfect? Yes, the house is spotless. There is no laundry to be washed, dried or folded. The kids are clean and happy. But where does that leave you? Most likely feeling like you are defined as a maid and a cook and a playmate and and and... feeling like you never get off work. You have to MAKE time for yourself. Let something slide and take time out for YOU. Are you still into photography? After taking an hour or so to yourself you will feel so much better. Sometimes it takes a whole afternoon or morning or whatever amout of time you can get away with. Leave the baby with his dad and go take some pictures...(or whatever it is now that you enjoy).